Our Products & Services
Thermal Flow Control Solutions
The only pressure drop in your wells should be the one you planned on.
Flow Control in thermal applications has been around since the early nineties. Only recently has it approached the mainstream in thermal applications. A properly designed thermal completion with flow control devices can accelerate production dramatically and enables some of the longest most productive wells in industry.
SAGD & CSS Applications
As the market leader of sand control solutions for the Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) and Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS) market, Variperm is well positioned to add value to our sand control products with the addition of Flow Control Devices. Our OptiCon portfolio of products includes various solutions for SAGD and CSS applications, including:
- Steam Splitters or Outflow Control, both shiftable and fixed
- Inflow Control Devices specifically designed to optimize pressure drop and mitigate steam influx
- Tubing deployed options combined with debris barriers and swellable thermal packers
In CSS applications, Variperm is a leader in the development of flow control, supporting major operators in Canada in developing flow control solutions for challenging applications, including:
- Slimline tools suited for wells with significant clearance challenges
- Specialized erosion mitigation solutions suitable for temperatures up to 350°C
- Specific designs for SAGD infill wells
Testing & Qualification
Variperm’s approach to testing and qualification includes:
- Multiphase testing at up to 220°C to build modelling capabilities related to thermal environments
- In-house flow loops design specifically related to thermal applications
- Alliances with external labs for enhanced testing of low subcool flow characteristics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics capabilities to build understanding of flashing flow related specifically to thermal processes
- Cyclic testing of screens and Flow Control Devices up to 350°C
- Erosion mitigation solutions designed specifically for thermal operations
Variperm’s commitment to optimal thermal completions and flow control can provide our clients with an favourable design window to ensure they receive the most value in their flow control selection.
Whether a conventional design or one of our latest product offerings, contact Variperm